Cnotta Research Institute : Disclaimer
Vincent J Cataldi — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Note: This is just a concept –
Cnotta Research Institute:
Vincent J Cataldi — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|Cnotta Research Institute, to be incorporated as a nonprofit organization, will engage in biomedical research and the development of ‘Expert System’ products that promise to control the anatomical aging process. This research and development will focus upon reversing the anatomical deterioration normally associated with aging which is caused almost solely, I believe, by mechanical ‘knotting’ of the body. This knotting process is highly complex but can be resolved without benefit of surgery, drugs, or tools.
The Institute will develop an ‘Expert System’ that can be ‘trained’ to identify an individual’s knot type and level of progression and to indicate appropriate un-knotting procedures. Trained professionals then will be able to prescribe individual therapy based upon these ‘expert’ diagnoses.
The Discovery: I made my discovery over a three-decade period as I refined physical therapy techniques to overcome anatomical birth defects so that I could become an Olympic-caliber runner. My initial goal was to maximize the efficiency of my legs by realigning their hard, soft, and firm components. However, as the realignment progressed I became increasingly aware that the body is a highly-complex web of cross bracing that directly links each finger to its counterpart toe, joint by joint.
I discovered this direct linkage while chasing down a weakness of my right foot and experiencing secondary results in the right hand. It became obvious that I could not realign my legs independently of my arms, nor realign my legs and arms independently of my jaw, nor realign . . . etc.
Procedures: The Procedures I developed to dissolve the overall knot act upon related kinks of the knot in such a way that they nullify each other and thus gradually simplify the knot. While the ratchet nature of the knot normally prevents reversal of motion I developed procedures to defeat this ratchet mechanism and to pull the knot apart.
These procedures, however, require significant expertise and are too complex and even too risky to teach to the masses. The Institute therefore will research and develop a combination of diagnostic equipment and simple non-surgical medical procedures to un-knot individuals on a mass scale.
The Knot: Void of its knot, the body can be thought of as a hollow, elongated sphere with a perimeter wall having separate inner and outer muscular control. The knotting process begins when the outer muscles of one side weaken and the inner muscles of that side begin to compensate by migrating outward through the wall, causing the outer muscles to slide inward. The other side of the body simultaneously suffers complementary migrations.
The sphere is thus divided vertically into two three-dimensional regions, mirrored complements of each other, each knotting through the center; the inner kinks thus have twice the complexity of the outer kinks. The process of knotting continues as each of these regions simultaneously subdivides again, this time horizontally. Thus the complexity of the knot grows exponentially.
The knot, driven by gravity, falls through its center and applies tremendous mechanical leverage to the weakened outer wall. Mechanical linkage, somewhat like an helixical worm gear equipped with a ratchet mechanism, converts this downward force into a contorting inward pressure and, in effect, the body is incrementally strangled from within.
As outer muscles migrate inward, sliding through their counterparts, the body loses control and feeling of the displaced inner muscles. The perceptible perimeter recognized by the brain remains with the displaced outer muscles. Although a simplistic description, in essence this is the source of a very complex and illusive knot.
Much of what I believe is not yet confirmed empirically. However, having worked within a knot for many years, I expect that the research project will find the following: 1) the nature of knots is highly predictable, varying little among individuals, and classifications therefore should be easy to establish; 2) analysis of kinks within any two appendages (hands and/or feet) will enable accurate forecasting of each individual’s overall knot; 3) while current procedures necessarily attack the knot from its center this research project should enable development of medical procedures which also can attack the outer kinks so that the slip knot can slide apart; 4) infants and non-muscular individuals will prove to be most easily un-knotted and females, who generally have simpler knots than males, possibly due to differences in weight distribution, might well prove more easily un-knotted than males.
Un-Knotting Benefits: Un-knotting is highly beneficial; treated individuals will feel and even look younger. No other procedure is equally effective: physical therapy involving weights reinforces the knottedness; even running and aerobic exercise jam the knot before its solution. Un-knotting therapy, however, addresses the very cause of anatomical aging: it eliminates chronic muscular stress accumulated over time and, because the entire body is realigned, even the face appears younger. After un-knotting simple stretching exercises easily can maintain the realignment and more youthful appearance.
There are many other benefits which I observed or inferred during my un-knotting experience. These include:
OBSERVABLE BENEFITS: Un-knotting myself caused many interrelated anatomical changes. Muscles now crisscross front to back and left to right at the midpoint between joints and remain straight and strong at the joints where the bone is weak.
My ankles, knees, and hips are significantly straighter than they were. Kinks in my wrists, elbows, and shoulders, which anchored the cross bracing for my ankles, knees, and hips, also are now realigned. My stomach and upper back shifted inward, while my chest and lower back shifted outward. As a result of straightening the curves within the kinks, my overall height is increased, my fingers and toes are longer.
My jaw relaxed and crowded teeth straightened, even wisdom teeth aligned properly. My chin now is more symmetrical, cheek bones have risen and rounded, the bridge of my nose has flattened, and my Adams apple has vanished.
My vision, hearing, and balance also improved dramatically and I suspect these improvements resulted because pressures, specifically inner-ear pressure and pressures which bisect the eyeball, were eliminated and because my mental processes became more acute.
INFERRED BENEFITS: Basically, un-knotting seems to restore the center of gravity properly within the body. Contrary to current medical charts, I believe research will show that the center should lie at the midpoint of the imaginary line segment connecting the navel and the first lumbar vertebra.
Although I do not as yet have evidence that biological aging is governed by mechanical alignment of the body, this is an intriguing possibility. The knot strangles all internal organs, including the brain, and most likely chokes blood flow. I believe that research will prove that pressures caused by knotting trigger biological aging processes.
Other inferred and suspected benefits of un-knotting which might warrant investigation would include: 1) un-knotted mothers might deliver children with simpler knots or even no knot at all, and birth will likely be less traumatic for both mother and infant; 2) PET-scan analysis might prove that overall brain activity increases significantly after un-knotting; 3) hemispherical brain activity, predominately one-sided in men, might balance; 4) male pattern baldness, which might be due to loss of blood flow, might reverse; 5) fighter pilots, once un-knotted, might withstand increased G-forces; 6) muscle atrophy in weightlessness might be reduced; 7) simplified linkage schemes might allow development of bipedal robots.
Research/Development Goals: I project it will take five years before a human test can begin and perhaps ten years before the developed technology becomes ubiquitously available to the public. I see five primary research/development goals to be achieved before the human test:
IDENTIFICATION. Analysis and documentation of what I have personally achieved anatomically, using a CAT scanner and related modeling hardware and software, and identification of the knot and its ratchet mechanism within the knotted bodies of a sample population of at least 1000 individuals.
CLASSIFICATION . Analysis and classification of the sample population to determine possible and probable knot types and the progressive stages of knot development.
KNOT-SOLVING SOFTWARE. Development of an expert system, modeling software which I can ‘train’ to solve a knot. This software ultimately must be able to knot and un-knot a CAT-scan derived image.
UN-KNOTTING PROCEDURES. Development of non-surgical procedures and simple micro-surgical equipment capable of unlocking the ratchet mechanism and dissolving the knot.
Product Development: Development of diagnostic equipment which can identify an individual’s knot type and level of progress and then indicate specific un-knotting procedures. This might employ a miniaturized low-resolution CAT scanner just large enough to analyze a hand or foot.
In order to achieve these goals, the company requires as president a biomedical engineer with substantial experience in the management of research and development projects to be solely responsible for initiating the project, recruiting other personnel, and overseeing its ongoing progress. This research project also will require a great deal of high technology, much of which very likely already exists and requires only modification.
Start-Up Funding The Institute currently seeks start-up funding in order to attract qualified people, to secure the required technological equipment, and to bring the project to a human-test phase. This funding is anticipated from two sources: 1) joint venture relationships and 2) pre-sale revenues.
Joint venture relationships will be sought to secure most of the required human and technological resources which will be required: especially 1) CAT scan, 2) ‘Expert System’, and 3) pattern recognition technology. The Institute also plans to pre-sell its unique physical therapy services and recruit funding support for a 100-person field trial five years hence.
Vincent J. Cataldi, Chairman
Milwaukee, Wis. 53211 – 414-276-3773
February 1, 1989
2-94 – Knotting Geometry
- Cnotta is an evolving shape, a mechanical process.
- It is a highly interconnected System of environments, processes solving for their own global minimum and competing with differing mechanical leverage wrt each other, and over time.
- These regions compete for stress reduction and flexibility.
- Cnotta is the physical shifting of fibrous muscle tissue wrt other muscles and the firm tendons and bony support structures.
- The fibrous muscles slide through each other, and along each other.
- Sliding at key locations causes mechanical leverage to pressure the system toward continuation.
Rules: Cats cradle technology
- The process is the shape. the shape is, ideally, at time zero, two inter-twined ten by ten matrices.
- The ten by ten is the link of fingers to toes along one side of the body.
- As the linkage passes through the torso it interacts with each other like helixical worm gears.
- This clock like mechanism is based very simple string game principals with a few modifications.
- Cats cradle enhanced rules allow for solid and firm components as well as the string rules when building a knot.
- Consider the very simple example of the spine alone, although this is only possible for illustration.
- Its a crane with a flexible tower:
- This tower is constructed by piling tower modules upon each other with a pivotal link both above and below,
- it also has four columns of cording pulling down on each of the corners so that the tower can remain erect.
- Now imagine that these control cords are far more complex because they are actually a series of cords that entered and exited the primary cord structures at each disk.
- This would allow you to pull a little harder up near the top on the left, relax a bit on the right and tip the tower to the right only on the towers top and still stand erect.
- Now back to the entire torso; the super support for the tower
Principles: The tower
- Like an umbrella hub structure, only doubled above and below you and enclosing you like a cage,
- the process is designed to support an upright cylinder-like structure by apply counter-balanced pulling forces evenly across the outer perimeter of the net to gain flexibility.
- This outer net does not support the weight of the structure, but exercises considerable control over the system with great mechanical leverage.
- Thus it stress the process and is also the key to resolve and unwind the process.
- Structure Overview / Primary Semi-Systems / Secondary semi-systems
- Primary semi-system interaction: Phase shifting occurs when two regions each flexible three dimensional, intersects directly and can when combined result in two regions stripped of some flexibility but each in a complimentary physical path.
- Secondary semi-system interaction / General Process behavior
- somewhat predetermined through elimination of feasible solutions.
- the math is simple because it is ones complement logic.
- The process explodes in complexity due to the super highly interconnected fibers of the system.
- Its obeys conservation of energy laws as a mechanical process.
- The process is discontinuous, jerky and the counter-part sub-systems increasingly slide out of phase with each other.
- processing continues with increasing complexity which drastically reduce the physical options at the local levels,
- and the remaining options will store increasingly higher levels of energy before reaching their thresh-hold limits especially phase shifting.
- Although the effects of progression are predictable only for an individual downwardly, as the process is reversed it flows itself out naturally and predictably with great generalizations
- The process increasingly finds the mandatory solving of each local minimum
- it only provides system degradation and slow collapse.
- Extraordinary events can easily redirect the continuation of the process, but without deliberate action the process is inevitable.
Strategic Assessment Plan
- Build simple working models which demonstrate the principals
- Locate virtual reality to examine and manipulate the base-line image
- Attempt to predict where directed efforts might speed up the current un-knotting process test.
- Solve the knot
- Capture a base-line Image – Cat (?)